Newcastle Bushfire Consulting is a Corporate Member of Fire Protection Association of Australia and Phil Couch is a member of Fire Protection Association of Australia, Society of Fire Safety and International Fire Engineers.
Newcastle Bushfire Consulting conducts regular research in fire science and specialises in fire modelling. Phil Couch has provided detailed bush fire modelling training to New South Wales Rural Fire Service, South Australian Country Fire Service, Metropolitan Fire Service, SA Water, SA Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, AIBS and other BPAD-A Consultants.
- We have completed 1000’s of bushfire assessments for new homes throughout the hunter and central coast over the past 12 years.
- Large scale residential subdivision of seven stage redevelopment of Golf and Country Club incorporating 146 residential allotments, a reconfigured 18 hole golf course, motel, new clubhouse and bowling green at Cessnock.
- Detailed fuel loading assessment and fire modelling alternate solution to multi unit development in Waratah.
- Hundreds of BAL-FZ Flame Zone assessment for new homes through the Hunter.
- Whittingham subdivision of 3 allotments into 388 industrial allotments, through 23 stages.
- Multiple Industrial buildings in Tomage, Muswellbrook, Singleton, Maitland and Lake Macquarie.
School and Educational Developments
- Multiple BER school projects and assisted in the review of over 300 Victorian schools
- University of Newcastle Callaghan and Ourimbah Campus multiple lecture halls and campus wide bushfire management plan
Large Scale Development
- Wangi Shores 72 Unit Development
- Developments in the Hunter Valley Wine Country including Tower Estate and Hunter Valley Gardens