Qualified Bush Fire Consultant
Phil Couch is a certified Fire Engineer in bush fire and identified as a suitably qualified bush fire consultant via Fire Protection Association of Australia Bush Fire Planning and Design – Alternate Solutions (BPAD-L3) accreditation program.
Newcastle Bushfire Consulting offer the below services:
- Bush Fire Assessment – new homes and additions
- Bush Fire Attack Level BAL Assessment for Complying Development
- Expert Fire Modelling and fuel sampling services
- Bush Fire Assessment – retirement villages, schools, commercial and industrial buildings
- How to apply Bush Fire Resistant Design and Construction to your new home
- Preliminary Advice before you buy a block of land or start designing your home
- Landscape Management Plans
- Emergency Management Plans
Subdivision, building your new home and renovations will require council consent or Complying Development Certificate. If your property is identified as being in a bush fire prone area, all work must now comply with a set of standards in order for council to pass your development application. Development in bush fire prone areas is subject to guidelines in the Australian Standard 3959 Construction of Buildings in Bush Fire Prone Areas and Planning for Bush fire Protection. We are experts at interpreting the legislation and designing cost-effective, fire resistant buildings.
Newcastle Bushfire Consulting can help you with all facets of compliance in a Bush Fire Prone Area. If you are looking to purchase a property and are unsure of the Bush Fire Constraints on the land contact Newcastle Bushfire Consulting for preliminary Site Assessment.
Phil Couch is a member of the Fire Protection Association of Australia Technical Advisory Committee for bush fire (TAC-20). Phil regularly meets with regulatory authorities to discuss improving bush fire safety.
Newcastle Bushfire Consulting services the Below Local Government Areas
- Lake Macquarie
- Port Stephens
- We service the Hunter, Central Coast and surrounds.
Our staff have experience in local government. We aim to use this knowledge to assist you, in easing the Development Approval process.